[Callers] Confirming Bookings - Best Practices?

Alan Winston via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun May 8 13:27:25 PDT 2016

Most of the places I call which take out of town callers have Facebook
pages, web pages, etc, and I check those.  Several of those places have
a standardized reminder email *they* send to booked staff about a week
before - "We are looking forward to ...".   (At Palo Alto Contra, while
I book most of the staff, somebody else sends that email.)

[I once did book somebody way ahead of the booking cycle and then lose
track, so it was a really good thing that person wrote me and said
"don't see myself on the calendar; what's up?"  Since then have taken
measures to be sure it doesn't happen again.  Had to apologize profusely
and sincerely to everybody involved and then rebook one of them.]

If I haven't had separate confirmation I send them an "I'm really
looking forward to ...  Has anything changed since the last time- same
hall?" kind of email.

-- Alan