[Callers] Crickets (was WordPress: Custom Dance Post Type?)

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed May 4 11:32:21 PDT 2016

OK. So, hearing only crickets, I'm guessing I may be the first to try
creating a WP custom post type for dances. If I go that way, I'll share
back here.

Speaking of crickets... you might be interested in the below dance I
recently tested successfully.

Happy dancing,
Don

*Cricket's Flight - DI - Don Veino 20160320*

*A1*
(4,12) Neighbor Balance & Swing

*A2*
(8) Mad Robin - Gents into center first, left to right (CW around Neighbor)
(8) Gents Glance Around*^* LEFT 1x
    *WHILE*
    Ladies Orbit 1/2 CW (pass RIGHT shoulders w/adjacent set Lady)

*B1*
(8,8) Partner Glance Around*^*, Swing

*B2*
(8) LLFB
(8) Gents start Left Hands-Across Star 1x, Ladies Fall In behind P

The A2 here was inspired by Kent Koeninger's "Cricket's Delight" (
http://www.library.unh.edu/special/forms/rpdlw/syllabus2009.pdf#page=44).

*^Please, oh please*, I don't want to get the whole terms debate fired up
again and *I ask you not to* rekindle it on on the basis of this post. Given
the move is used twice here, I found myself in a quandary as to how to
annotate this dance to post it. "Glance Around" (or shortened to "Glance")
is a term I'm personally evaluating (a.k.a. Gypsy). I welcome you to
annotate/call this dance however you chose, or to ignore it, as you see fit.

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Don Veino <sharedweight_net at veino.com>
wrote:
 [snip]

> I'm wondering if anyone has already done the work of developing a custom
> post type and taxonomy for dances in WordPress?
>
> If not in WordPress, has anyone created a similar approach using another
> common blogging or Content Management System?

[/snip]