[Callers] WordPress: Custom Dance Post Type?

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon May 2 09:38:44 PDT 2016

Hey folks! I'm evaluating options for posting my dance compositions.

I'd like to do so in a way that provides capability for searching on
pertinent characteristics and for feedback/comments.

I could hack something together (slowly) on my main web site but I
currently also use WordPress as a blogging platform, and that already has
many of the desired features built in (search, categories, tags, comments,
anti-spam tools, etc.).

However, the generic WordPress blog post format doesn't provide a suitable
taxonomy for presenting a dance. I could just format stuff consistently
into the body of the post but I'm wondering if anyone has already done the
work of developing a custom post type and taxonomy for dances in WordPress?

If not in WordPress, has anyone created a similar approach using another
common blogging or Content Management System?

Thanks,
Don