[Callers] Young Adult Rose

JD Erskine via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Mar 27 23:12:53 PDT 2016

On 2016-03-27 1713, Kalia Kliban via Callers wrote:

> Hmm, this is interesting.  I picked it up from JoLaine Jones-Pokorney's
> site, where it's written as allemande R.  I haven't been able to find
> the notes anywhere else, when I was looking to see whether I just had an
> odd version.  Anybody else have this in their files?  Is it left or
> right in your version?
>
> Kalia

Thank you for her name, this dance, and your notes about the experience.

I probably said too much about my process (a repeat "fault"), sort of a
thinking out loud, "I need this format" kind of thing. I hope it didn't
look too pissy.

I frequently don't respond to posts when I have to work out where to
start from (lack of common context), however felt like trying to help out.

It was fun having a read of the post you had that set of directions
from. (It didn't turn up in my search for the dance, which is strange
given the quality of returns from my first choice search engines.) I've
also been working up to offering a medley, so it's nice to have yet
another perspective on how to build one, for the dancers and oneself.

Jonathon's comments about alternating one movement is what I'd drifted
to as a likely stumbling block myself. Funny thing is we just danced
Dargason today in an advanced-ish English afternoon session. As you
likely know it ends with a long hey for eight, with hands. I saw some of
my friends balk at using the same hand to re-enter the hey however
they'd not have hesitated to offer the appropriate shoulder without that
(hand) indicator that it was the same pass, seemingly twice in a row,
that they were dancing.

A nice ECdance we did a few weeks ago has a pass one by the right and
gypsy right the next. Doable, once one lays down the geography for it.

Fun fun fun.

Cheers, John
--
J.D. Erskine