[Callers] This dance or something like it?

Ron Blechner via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Mar 24 09:26:51 PDT 2016

Hi Aahz,

I wonder at your reasoning. Do you mean for 8-beat musical phrasing? While
that's nice, having dancers do something new every 8 beats can leave little
room for mistakes. And mistakes happen. ;)

Not a fan of Gene Hubert's A Nice Combination, then? 6-beat circle Left 3/4
to swing in that, too (even shorter if you consider it follows returning up
the hall in a line of four, which dancers are likely to get their early
when bending the line).

Also, most new dancers have trouble doing a do-si-do 1.5x in 8 beats, and
while a do-si-do 1x is technically 6 beats in most dances,  dances like
David Kaynor's The Baby Rose use that extra time to make it flexible for
both experienced and newer dancers. (As an aside, it's why I always change
DSD 1.5x to next N progressions to Pass-Thru, DSD 1x with Next N).

Best,
Ron
On Mar 24, 2016 11:10 AM, "Aahz Maruch via Callers" <