[Callers] Novelty & Gimmick Contras

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Mar 16 12:08:34 PDT 2016

It looks like I've never shared this one with the list - apologies if I
have. Mostly simple parts used in unusual configuration(s).

-Don

Give the Gents a Whirl

[Type]: Contra [Formation]: Becket CW [Author]: Don Veino [Status]: DV::
[Comments]: Have lines stretch out to make room for A1 simultaneous gypsy
in middle.
::
[A1]:
(3,2,3) LINES FORWARD, GYPSY NEIGHBOR 1/2, LINES BACK (so all cross set to
N's place)
(6,2) STAR LEFT 3/4, SHIFT TO TAKE NEIGHBOR IN PROMENADE POSITION facing
CCW around oval
::
[A2]:
(6,2) Everyone PROMENADE THE OVAL, LADIES TURN BACK over right shoulder
#PROGRESSION
(8) NEW N SWING end facing CW around oval in promenade position
::
[B1]:
(6) PROMENADE BACK until opposite Partner
(6,4) GENTS WHIRL* 1+1/4, GENTS CROSS to P (passing Left)
::
[B2]:
(4,12) PARTNER BALANCE, SWING
(alternate for smooth, slinky feel: Partner Gypsy, Swing)
::
[Notes]: A1 - Shift to take Neighbor in Promenade: All drop hands from
Star, Gent walks forward to join hands with current Neighbor lady in
promenade position - left in left, right in right.
A2 - EVERYONE (ENDS!) MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE A2 PROMENADE, as it is the
progression.
B1 = *Gents Whirl in this case is a CW rotation Butterfly Whirl with the
Gents going forward and the Ladies backing up. Mention eye contact with
Neighbor in whirl.::
[Tunes]: ::
[Provenance]: From author. Composed 4/8/15. Opening part of A1 taken from
Cary Ravitz's dance Terry & Sherry, which derives from an ECD sequence The
Hole in the Wall. First called by Sue Rosen 5/4/2015 Monday Contras, by me
5/25/15 Thursday Contras.::
[Tags]: oval, gypsy lines, hole in the wall, gents whirl, KV, DV,
intermediate::

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Rich Sbardella via Callers <