[Callers] Music advice followup

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jun 7 13:11:15 PDT 2016

The gig itself is not on Wednesday, thankfully.  That's just when I fly,
and thus my deadline for getting things sorted with the band.  The gig
is on Saturday night.  The structure is that we're tacking a half hour
of community dances onto the front of a full evening that this band was
already going to be playing.  So they'll get plenty of time to shine
doing their own thing, and we'll only to work together for a short set.

There have been some excellent and very helpful tune suggestions.  Thank
you all!  I've sent the band a list of tunes and links, and will try to
connect by phone later today.  They claim to have some "folk and
country" in their repertoire, and perhaps some of these tunes will be
familiar to them.  The band's instrumentation is promising -- accordion,
banjo, bass, drums, fiddle, washboard, harmonica and guitar.

Once again, I want to say how much I appreciate these email discussion
lists.  It's wonderful to be able to connect with the larger community
of callers, musicians and organizers.  I'll keep you all posted as
things progress.

Thank you!
Kalia Kliban