[Callers] OOPS!

karl via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 27 14:29:28 PDT 2016

Hate when that happens.

Sink or Swing

Swing your partner and neighbor too
Do them both or the day you'll rue
A no swing dance call if you dare
But the dancers apart your hide will tear
I understand that it's all about MUC
But foregoing heritage it seems to suck
In "Money Musk" there is pleasure I still find
But for most contra dancers it's not on their mind
Chestnut dances now rare to be found
It's just swing, swing, swing that's all abound
I love to swing and flirt and get lost in the dance
But were you ever lost in a triple duple trance
Rory O'Moores used to be embellished with kissing
Dancers now don't know what they are missing
Sure improvement to many things has come
But the loss of much it does hurt some
Few take pleasure in just watching as others do
Even though their turn soon will come too
My ranting rhyme must now come to an end
And this last thought I would like to send
There will be some that like it, some that won't
As with the dances: some that do, some that don't

Karl 07.16