[Callers] tips for teaching dancing the "other" role?

Aahz via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jul 10 06:39:52 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016, Mark Pigman via Callers wrote:

> I frequently roll swap with my partners on Californiatwirls and Petronella twirls as well.
>
> However, when I have had neighbors do a longlines partner swap, I have felt abandoned as they discard my hand in the middleof the move. Is there a way execute thisswap without interfering with whole-set connection of long lines?

That's an interesting question.  Never had that happen to me, but I
definitely understand what you're talking about given how icky it feels
when people aren't making an effort to hold hands.  Now that you mention
it, I'd counsel against anyone swapping during forward/back -- and if
they feel they "have to", the best point would be the last two beats with
a fast rollaway (when everyone's prepping for the next move, anyway).
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/