[Callers] tips for teaching dancing the "other" role?

Chris Page via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jul 5 13:29:32 PDT 2016

One subtle thing that's different is progression instincts -- typically men's
role progress on the left, women's on the right. (Like with a final B2
of circle left 3/4, pass through).

The few times I've had everyone do a gender swap, I've gone with the
dance "Bicoastal Contra" by Pete Campbell.

http://lists.sharedweight.net/pipermail/callers-sharedweight.net/2008-April/009516.html

Two swings, one courtesy turn, a men's allemande, fairly simple
choreography -- and neither swing need end with the correct person on
the right.

-Chris Page
San Diego, CA