[Callers] Gents doing "ladies" chain

Rona via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jan 26 19:14:06 PST 2016

This discussion got me thinking about dances which have both a Gents RH chain and Ladies LH chain. I wasn't sure if any existed, so I wrote a few. I have no idea when I would ever call them, but it was a fun exercise  :)
On a somewhat related note, I appear to have a thing for writing Becket dances, but I'm proud to say that none of these start with "Circle Left 3 places". In fact, they don't have any circles in them, so they can also help with the "dances without a circle left" campaign.

That's Not How We Do ItContra, BECKET, by Rona Wiener, Jan 2016

 A1   (4) Balance the Ring (4) Gents Roll away P along set         (8) Gents RIGHT HAND chain [To N] A2   (8) Gents [Gypsy] x1         (8) Neighbor Swing B1   (4) Balance the Ring (4) Ladies Roll away N along set         (8) Ladies LEFT HAND chain [to P] B2   (8) On Right Diagonal Half a hey [Ladies lead by L]         (8) Partner Swing
Slightly Less Wrong
Contra, BECKET, by Rona Wiener, Jan 2016
 A1   (4) Balance the Ring (4) Spin R (as in Petronella), face NN         (4) Balance the Ring (4) Spin R A2   (8) Star L x 1 [hands across, gents drop out]         (8) Ladies LEFT HAND chain [to N] B1   (8) Star R x 1 [hands across, ladies drop out]         (8) Gents RIGHT HAND chain [To P] B2   (4) Pass Through         (12) Partner Swing
Double NegativeContra, BECKET, by Rona Wiener, Jan 2016

[Starts on side with P, Gents on R] A1   (8) Star R x 1 [hands across, ladies drop out]         (8) Gents RIGHT HAND chain [To N] A2   (8) Star L x 1 [hands across, gents drop out]         (8) Ladies LEFT HAND chain [to P] B1   (8) Half a hey [Ladies lead by L]         (8) Partner Swing B2   (8) Right and Left Through         (8) Pass Through, Single File Promenade along the set to NN