[Callers] another new word idea

Jonathan Sivier via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jan 25 11:26:11 PST 2016

    I've been thinking about this as well.  I'd like to propose "Gimbal"
as a substitute for gypsy.  You could even spell it "Gymbal" if you
liked.  ;-)  This also has the same number of syllables and starts with
the same letter as a bonus.  A gimbal is a pivoted support that allows
the rotation of an object about a single axis, so it also makes some
sense with respect to the movement being named.  It is sometimes used as
a verb, as in the movement of rocket motors used for guidance, as well
as being a noun.

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
Caller of Contra, Square, English and Early American Dances
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
Dance Page: http://www.sivier.me/dance_leader.html
-----
Q: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
A: It depends on what dance you call!