[Callers] Is this a new dance?

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Feb 29 13:23:33 PST 2016

Hi Michael,

I like the simplicity/symmetry of this composition. I'll share a caution I
learned in trying similar dances: in practice, the dancers need extended
prompting or some other way to know which "repeat" is different.

In your dance, the directional difference in the B2 G&T otherwise follows
an identical pattern as in the A1. Dancers may have great difficulty
remembering which direction the G&T is to go. Fortunately, in this dance
one could give the walk though hint "all swings happen on the Gents' home
side". Maybe that will be enough for a critical mass to help guide others
without requiring extended calling.

Best,
Don

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Michael Barraclough via Callers <