[Callers] Calling to a square dance crowd

Jeremy Gmail via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Feb 21 08:55:51 PST 2016

Hi Joseph

I do a lot of cross-calling between contra and MWSD with mixed crowds of varying experience, and whilst agreeing with everything that’s been said so far, I think there’s one thing it’s important not to lose sight of.

You said “and had such a fun time they have invited me, and the band”.  Since they invited you after coming to one of your dances, then one of your dances is what they both want and are expecting.  Whilst you may need to make minor adjustments due to the age and dance experience of the dancers, it would IMHO be a mistake to try to make it feel like MWSD.

Jeremy