[Callers] looking for zesty Proper dances?

Keith Wood via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Feb 4 23:34:51 PST 2016

Hi Andy

Here's one of mine -
http://www.dancekaleidoscope.org.au/dance.html#SilverWhiteWinters:

Silver White Winters

Formation: Duple proper

Music: 32 bar reels/jigs

Source: Keith Wood August 2012

Notes: The last of the "My Favourite Things" series. The title didn't
suggest any particular moves, other than the ones I'd already used in
"Snowflakes That Stay". I did however want to write another more
traditional dance in proper formation.

Part of the "My Favourite Things" series.

1-2 	1s cross by the right
3-4 	1s cast down into 2nd position, 2s slide up or roll into 1st position
5-8 	Do-si-do partner 1 1/4 times to end in a wavy line up and down the
hall, women in the middle joining left hands
9-10 	Balance right and left (4 beats)
11-12 	Allemande right partner 3/4 to form wavy lines across the hall,
men in the middle joining left hands (1s are on the men's side) (4 beats)
13-14 	Balance right and left (4 beats)
15-16 	Allemande right partner 3/4 (4 beats)
17-20 	Swing partner
21-24 	Long lines forward and back
25-28 	Right and left through
29-32 	Both women and 1st man star right 1 1/3

Cheers

Keith