[Callers] Family dance- educational supplements?

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Feb 2 13:18:29 PST 2016

My apologies to Dudley and Jacqueline.  Their Traditional Barn Dances book,
with DVD and CD are also on my shelf.  Together they were an early
inspiration, as I added community dance to my calling skills.  I remember
driving to Scout House to observe Dudley's unique calling/teaching style
one Sunday afternoon, after purchasing his book, and before I tried to call
any such dance programs myself.  His simple dances were so effective with
the families on hand.

Additionally, I stress attending the types of dances that you want to call,
as often as you can.  Dancing a particular dance, is a great way to learn
it, and to place it appropriately in your repertoire.  I have many dance
cards in my collection that I have not called, but I frequently call the
ones that brought me joy as a dancer.

Rich
Stafford, CT

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM, James Saxe via Callers <