[Callers] Family dance- educational supplements?

Claire Takemori via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Feb 2 11:14:21 PST 2016

I’m a new contra dance caller (took Nils’ workshop at American Week last July).  And my goal is to offer calling for Family dances to help spread folk music/dance in our community. (maybe College contras, but that’s a different thread)
I’m calling my first Family dance on March 6th for a home-school community.   I was hoping to offer a page of INTERESTING , Kid-friendly, FUN info, activities, links in case someone wants to delve further into the history, dance or music.

Any great resources out there?  I don’t have a ton of time to put this together from scrap. And I don’t know enough yet to figure out the history.  I’m learning as I go!

thanks !
Claire Takemori
Bay Area California