[Callers] Variations of 3-33 by Steve Zakon-Anderson

Mark Hillegonds via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Dec 16 14:04:59 PST 2016

Hi,

I have always used the original version and don't ever recall the dancers
having trouble with the DSD progression. While I respect and admire the
folks creating variants they find helpful for their needs, for me, if it
ain't broke, I'm not going to fix it.

Also, I must say that pleased me greatly to see Maia's reference to my home
town of Ann Arbor!!!  :)

On Dec 16, 2016 4:27 PM, "Maia McCormick via Callers" <

Fwiw, if I were to write a variation of 3-33-33 (and wanted to avoid ladies
chain/star L), I'd do a figure like in Al Olson's 'Ann Arbor Four': long
lines (8), P alle. R 3/4 (4), ladies alle. L 1/2 (4). Agreed that ladies'
allemande L out of long lines, while there's no reason it doesn't flow, is
bizarrely counterintuitive!

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Bill Olson via Callers <