[Callers] Variations of 3-33 by Steve Zakon-Anderson

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Dec 16 13:05:44 PST 2016

On 12/16/2016 11:48 AM, Bill Olson via Callers wrote:
> 3-33-33
>
> Steve Zakon (Duple improper)
> A1 Balance N1, N1 pull by R, N2 pull by L , N3 Balance, box the gnat
> A2 N3 pull by R, N2 pull by L,  N1 swing
> B1 Circle L 3/4, Partner Swing
> B2 Long Lines F&B, Ladies dosido 1.5
>
> I'm aware of a "fix" to 333 where the W DSD 1.5 at the end of B2 was
> replaced by a W allem L 1.5.. I  think I remember talking to Steve about
> this and he referred to this as an "approved alternative" HIMSELF..

I've both danced and called this alternate ending, and that allemande L
is pretty counterintuitive for the women.  It causes some glitches as
folks fight with their natural instinct to allemande R.  It works, but
you'll need to be really clear with the dancers that it's the
non-obvious hand there.

Kalia