[Callers] Favorite dance to teach a ladies chain?

Ron Blechner via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Aug 23 16:19:01 PDT 2016

What Maia listed is exactly how I teach the courtesy-turn moves. (I wonder
if Maia got it from me... I think I stole it as a combination from Peter
Stix and Jack Mitchell).

Without a beginner lesson, I teach the courtesy-turn in place, then add the
pull-by to the front of it. This also works to quickly teach a chain when
the gents role is doing it. ;)

My favorite basic chain-teach dances involve chaining to a neighbor*:
Baby Rose, David Kaynor
A Nice Combination, Gene Hubert
The Missing Piece, Bronwyn Woods (which may also go by another name. Chain
to balance, Petronellas)
Simplicity Swing, Becky Hill (only if the this is like, the third dance,
since it's a busy dance)
and mine, Mistakes Happen; Have Fun (I put in all of my beginner lesson
basic ingredients in it: circle, Alle N, star, chain, 2 swings)

Best,
Ron

* Unless the crowd is 99% experienced and I know new dancers are not
dancing with each other, then I may do it with a chain-to-partner.

On Aug 23, 2016 1:12 PM, "Maia McCormick via Callers" <