[Callers] Surely this already exists?

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Aug 22 07:58:11 PDT 2016

Thank you to everyone who chimed in; fun to hear about all the versions and
folks preferences.

I, personally, am glad my (digital) box is big enough for all of the
variations. I can see instances where I'd use any of them. With
predominately new dancers on the first duple improper of the evening, I
think the ladies on their own for an allemande would fare better than the
"help" gents can give on the courtesy turn of a chain. I agree with Jack
that chain->face new neighbor can be a tough transition. But Troxler's is
straightforward enough that you could use it to focus on teaching a chain
to new dancers; with a forgiving squishy entry into the DSD. And I haven't
broken a hundred times yet with Nice Combination, but I'm sure I will.

Thanks again. This discussion has even got me thinking about another thing
I'd like to discuss on shared weight.

--
Luke Donforth
Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <Luke.Donev at gmail.com>