[Callers] Surely this already exists?

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Aug 21 18:10:38 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I was trying to find an easy and accessible dance, a real glossary basic
contra.

I feel like this must already exist, but I'm not finding it in my notes.
Someone got a prior?

Type: Contra
Formation: Duple-Improper

A1 -----------
(8) Neighbor Do-si-do
(8) Neighbor swing, end facing down the hall
A2 -----------
(8) Down the hall, four in line (turn as couples)
(8) Return and Bend the line
B1 -----------
(6) Circle Left 3/4
(10) Partner neighbor
B2 -----------
(8) Long lines, forward and back
(8) Women allemande Left 1-1/2

The B2 could be W DSD 1.5, although I like the allemande for the connection
for brand new dancers. I specifically chose the left hand to leave the
women facing towards their new neighbor.

I know it's really close to a bunch of other stuff. B2 could be C L 3/4,
balance and pass through; or chain to left hand star à la The Nice
Combination; etc.

Barring it already having been named by someone else, I'm going to call it
"Having Fun with PAM" to keep track of it in my box; since I just got back
from the fabulous PAMFest (Peacham Acoustic Music Festival).

Thanks.