[Callers] Mad Orbin, a new dance

QuiAnn2 via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Aug 19 18:56:16 PDT 2016

Hi, all!

Thanks to all those who responded about this dance. Both Bob Isaacs and Chris Page don’t recognize the dance as already written so I think we’re good to go. Would love to hear how it goes if you decide to call it. The title is not a typo. The 2nd word is a play on words as a combination of robin+orbit.

I changed the choreography slightly in B1. I teach the “give and take” as a ring balance, followed by the ladies drawing their Partner across the set. As such, I’ve changed the timing to (4) and (12) rather than how I had it originally as (8) and (8). That was just an oversight on my part when I originally posted the dance.

Jacqui Grennan

Mad Orbin
by Jacqui Grennan
Contra/Improper

A1 -----------
(4) N RH Balance
(4) Box the gnat
(8) Mad Robin, gents in front
(8) Gents allemande Left 1-1/2
          meanwhile ladies orbit CW
(8) N Sw
(4) Ladies give & take their P (ring balance)
(12) P Sw
(6, 2) Circle left 3/4, pass thru
(8) Next N DSD