[Callers] Is this dance already written?

The Witful Turnip via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Aug 7 08:51:09 PDT 2016

Hi Ron,
In my ever so humble opinion, I think your suggested notation of the A2b is
effectively the same thing. Jo's notation (I'll admit, I think I suggested)
was to specifically mention the ladies turn single, which I'm not sure is
obvious for some dancers when described as a half hey.  I think either way
works equally. Your mileage may vary.

Hi Jim Thaxter, to address the question you sent to me directly (to explain
the spin right 1 1/2 to new neighbor in the A1) just in case anyone on this
list was wondering, while I can see how you might think that would put
people into a diamond pattern with men in the middle of the set facing into
their group (up/down) and women on the sides facing in (across), the intent
is that the last turn 1/2 is in place which puts you simply facing new
neighbors. Think of Cary Ravitz's Maliza's Magical Mystery Motion's B1a
figure.  When I look at the way he notated it, after the petronella turn he
wrote "and turn alone to face a new neighbor".  That was Jo's intention
here.

Thanks also to Chris Page for emailing me directly.
You folks rock! :-)
Bev