[Callers] Floor Space Requirement

Read Weaver via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Aug 2 22:13:30 PDT 2016

Does on one here dance in a room? (Maybe the question would better go to the organizers’ list.) 28 sqft per person is ridiculous. Our dance hall is about 30’x40’, or 1200 sqft. (There’s an adjoined space for socializing, which you’ll want.) 40 people (30 sqft/person) feels disappointingly empty, 80 people feels pleasantly full but not crowded, 100 feels like quite a crowd, 120 is tight but danceable. 80 would be 15 sqft/person, which matches Linda’s recounting of 1.5 sq yds (13.5 sqft—not the same as 1.5 yards squared (20.25 sqft)) pretty well.

Read Weaver
Jamaica Plain, MA
http://lcfd.org