[Callers] caller suggestions for beginner handout

Claire Takemori via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Apr 20 13:57:43 PDT 2016

Emily,
as a relatively new dancer, I still remember my first dance and what made me want to come back.

The music was awesome, Seth Tepfer was the newcomer’s lesson teacher!!
We were welcomed and despite it being the Post-American-Week Gala dance, the dancers were kind to new dancers.
We only made it to the break and had to get our son to bed, but we all wanted to go back.

I don’t think anything written on paper would’ve made a difference if we were shouted at, pushed to get some place on time, or scowled at when we made a mistake.
This did happen to me at a recent ECD (not local) and being new to ECD made me very  leery of going back.

just my 2 cents.
Claire Takemori (SF bay area)