[Callers] New (?) dance, with hey and no neighbor swing

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Apr 19 12:06:12 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I was flying home after some fun gigs in DC, and wrote out a dance sequence
that I didn't recognize. It's fairly straightforward, so I wanted to see if
it was already out there:

Improper
A1
(8) Neighbor Do-si-do 1x
(8) Women allemande Left 1.5x
A2
(16) Partner pass by Right for whole Hey for 4
B1
(16) Partner ____ & swing
B2
(8) Ladies chain
(8) Left hand star 1x

The B1 could be a balance and swing, a do-si-do & swing, a walk-around &
swing, etc. In the one I wrote, I went with a walk-around by right
shoulder; but if someone had already written this with a Ptr B&S or such in
the the B1; I wouldn't consider this a new dance.

I house-called it for a small test group, and it went reasonably. The DSD
only 1x in (8) and the overall flow means there can be a smidge of extra
time by the end of the hey; hence going with a walk-around instead of a
balance. Could also just be done to a slightly faster tune (I had
music-in-a-box, instead of the easier to adjust tempo of live musicians).

Looking forward to finding out if I've re-written someone else's dance
again. I've unintentionally done it more times than I can count.

Take care,

--
Luke Donforth
Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <Luke.Donev at gmail.com>