[Callers] medley

Jerome Grisanti via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Apr 17 22:26:46 PDT 2016

As Aahz points out, contra medleys are highly dependent upon enunciation
and the sound system. They are also highly dependent upon the crowd's
expectations and experience.

I recently called for a group that included a high percentage of
"experienced" dancers whose approach seemed to be, "every time I interact
with an opposite-sex person, it's a swing, despite what the caller has
taught."

I was not calling a medley, just a relatively staightforward contra that
was memorable enough for most of the dancers. I have to assume their
version of a "dance trance" was a bit different than mine.

I also assume that a medley in that atmosphere would have been a complete
train wreck.

--Jerome

Jerome Grisanti
660-528-0858
http://www.jeromegrisanti.com

"Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power
and magic in it." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Aahz Maruch via Callers <