[Callers] Challenging Contras

Dale Wilson via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Apr 10 09:17:47 PDT 2016

One of my favorites, but it not easy to teach is *There is No Way To Peace;
Peace is the Way* by Erik Hoffman:

http://www.erikhoffman.com/peace.html

And, although *I* don't think it's hard, this dance has two new moves:

*Gold Star Wednesday **by Dale Wilson, (2012)*

*...because good days deserve gold stars, and Wednesday was a great
Day!**Contra
improper*

*A1 * Neighbor Balance & Swing
*A2* Right hand star 3 places; Invert the star(see the note below)
      Left hand star
*B1 *Gents loop right around neighbor (behind) then cross. Meet partner
      Ladies follow gent’s path around the loop but don’t cross.  Meet
Partner.
      Partner Swing
*B2 *Circle left 3 places; Circle Balance; California Twirl

*Notes *  Identify Gent's Home place before start of dance.
Both stars end with the gent in his home place.

Invert the star means:
      Gents reach across their body (over the old star) with their free
(left) hand
        to their neighbor who is behind them.  Ladies take gent's hand with
their free (left) hand.
      Let go of the original star.  Make an arch.
      Gents step back slightly to allow ladies to step thru the arch.
       Joined left hands come down into LH Star.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Bradley Smith via Callers <

> Hello all! I'll be calling a session of challenging contras at a dance
> weekend next month, and find myself lacking in the aforementioned
> challenging contras. I want to keep the session balanced, with a mix of
> dances that are mind-bending or heavily technical as well as some dances
> that are a step or so below that but that still have something interesting
> or unique. Would any of you be so kind as to share some of your favorite
> challenging dances? Thank you in advance!

Turn Observation into Data. Turn Data into Information
<http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Information>. Turn Information into
Knowledge. Turn Knowledge into Wisdom. Turn Wisdom into Beauty. Turn Beauty
into Love .