[Callers] Challenging Contras

via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Apr 8 12:32:56 PDT 2016

You might like to try this one!

Pink Pigtails by John Meechan

Longways improper  double progression     48 bar jigs (has own tune which I can send if you would like it)

A1    Circle left (8); swing nbr (8).

A2     Mad Robin men front of women (8); men start half hey passing RSh while women start the hey but ricochet back to place (8).

B1      Balance and swing ptnr.

B2      Take hands and balance the ring and Petronella a place (8); balance the ring again and California twirl ptnr to face new nbr (8).

C1        Do si do new nbr once and a bit to form a wave (8); balance the wave and trade the wave (8).

C2        Balance the wave again and trade the wave (8); balance the wave again and move on to a new nbr (8).

Trade the wave is a MWSD move. In the wave you are facing the same direction as your partner. All walk forward to trade places with partner ( women on the inside), i.e a sort of U shape.

Hope this suitable for you. The challenge is not only that it is a 48 bar dance but has the trade the wave move.

The dance was written for Maureen Knight (my wife) on her 60th birthday.

Graham

Sent from my iPad