[Callers] Role Scramblers dances with balances

Yoyo Zhou via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Apr 5 09:59:31 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Lindsey Dono via Callers <

> Hi Callers,
>
> I'm working on a themed contra workshop called "Role Scramblers," and just
> realized that all of the dances I've shortlisted are very smooth. I'm
> looking for dances with elements for each dance role that are more
> typically danced by the other role (such as Jeff Spero's "Equal
> Opportunity," which has the ones chain). I have "Roll Away Sue" by Bob
> Isaacs (a gent's chain), but would love other dances with balances and
> waves that might fit this theme.

Some that I have that are more balancey (feel free to email me if you need
the notes):

The Dancing Frog by Jeff Spero - gents do a right-hand chain
Chain the Swain by Becky Hill - gents do a right-hand chain
Coming Home from Toohollie by Janet Shepherd - ladies rollaway partners
into a swing; petronella
The Digital Divide by Jeremy Korr - alternates gents/ladies chain and
give-and-take to gents'/ladies' side; balance + square thru

Yoyo Zhou