[Callers] Fw: Teaching the Cloverleaf?

Mac Mckeever via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 4 10:56:55 PDT 2016

Good dance - I have called it many times
Down the hall - stop - NO ONE LETS GO OF HANDS! -  center 2 turn around turning away from each other and bring arms over.  End 2 take hands behind in a cozy line of 4 - up the hall, center 2 duck to allow ends arms to pas over to clover.  Walk thru each step slowly until you are sure each line has it right.

The problem with this figure is the 1s and 2s have different parts.  going from 1 to 2 is not bad - but when 2s become 1s you often have issues.  One solution it to teach both parts to 1s and 2s.  Another solution is to just let them figure it out - they usually do after a couple failed attempts
Another dance I call with this figure is Symmetrical Force by Fred Fields (if I remember correctly - it has been a while for that one).

Mac McKeever