[Callers] here it is - sorry

Ron Blechner via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 4 08:22:09 PDT 2016

Hi Michael,

The article made these points, not me. I didn't actually introduce any
ideas that weren't in the article. My post said I found 3 points
"interesting", and listed the three points. I didn't even link the article
on Shared Weight in the first place.

Ever hear the phrase, "don't shoot the messenger "?

Should Amy be chastised for linking that article here?

Of all people, are you the one in a position to chastise about bad behavior
on this list?

As an aside, I worked in my previous career on a year-long project with the
US Holocaust Memorial Museum. My former partner was a child of a Jew who
suffered in the Holocaust. I am quite extensively versed in the subject.
When I read an article written by a Roma, who is a Roma scholar, and a
dancer, and on Voice of Roma, I was interested in what she had to say about
the use of the term "gypsy" in dance. So was Amy who posted the link, so
were others.

I don't think that censorship of examining this kind of evaluation of dance
and dance terms ought to be on our agenda.

Ron
On Apr 4, 2016 11:03 AM, "Michael Fuerst via Callers" <