[Callers] Solutions for callers for dealing with problem dancers

Amy Wimmer via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Sep 9 14:30:30 PDT 2015

As a caller I try to include something in my beginners' sessions that tells
people how to quickly refuse a dance without giving a reason.

Seattle-area caller, LauraMé Smith often demonstrates how NOT to gypsy (so
that the other person is always trying to get away from you), and she does
it early in the evening, on the floor, with a chosen accomplice, and with
humor.

-Amy Wimmer

On Sep 9, 2015, at 2:08 PM, Perry Shafran via Callers <

OK, I think we have talked at each other for awhile now, arguing whether or
not harassment is rampant at our dances.  I think it would be nice if we
could now discuss solutions we as CALLERS (remember, this is a callers'
list, not an organizers' list) can and should do with respect to this.  If
anyone has any ideas, some positive solutions, I am open and receptive to
hearing them.

Perry