[Callers] Query - Tablet size thoughts

JoLaine Jones-Pokorney via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Sep 1 08:12:00 PDT 2015

The reason I like my 7' Dell is that it can be held easily in one hand.  I
find it plenty big for viewing the dance in its entirety.  But I guess the
next question, is what is your format?  Are you using PDFs?  Are you using
Pepperplate? The format will affect how it is displayed.
Cheers
JoLaine

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:24 AM, JD Erskine iDance via Callers <

> Hullo folks,
>
> Of those using, or considering using, a tablet computer for dance
> directions ("cards") and programs, what size do you use or contemplate
> using?
>
> I have a crappy 7" one that I haven't truly used for this and would think
> I'd like something a tad larger (8, 8.4, 8.0/9, likely not a 10") that I
> might see most/all of the directions at a type size I don't need reading
> glasses for.
>
> I've seen small brackets for the top of music or mic stands, or to add to
> the side of one. Any thoughts on those?
>
> I'll share a summary, of sorts, some time, between the lists if I have
> energy.
>
> Cheers, John
> --
> J.D. Erskine
> Victoria, BC
>
> Island Dance - Folk & Country
> dance info - site & mail list
> http://members.shaw.ca/island.dance/

JoLaine Jones-Pokorney

"We are as gods and might as well get good at it!"
- Stewart Brand