[Callers] Query - Tablet size thoughts

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Sep 1 06:44:32 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015, JD Erskine iDance via Callers wrote:

> Of those using, or considering using, a tablet computer for dance directions
> ("cards") and programs, what size do you use or contemplate using?
>
> I have a crappy 7" one that I haven't truly used for this and would think
> I'd like something a tad larger (8, 8.4, 8.0/9, likely not a 10") that I
> might see most/all of the directions at a type size I don't need reading
> glasses for.

I'm using a 10.1" Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition.  I originally tried
a 7.7" Toshiba Excite and found that particularly for square dance
calling it wasn't big enough -- I think something smaller probably would
work for just contra.  It's spendier than I would have preferred, but I
had a couple of constraints that made it impossible to get anything else
a year ago, maybe things have changed since then:

* The proprietary charging cable required by the Toshiba reminded me of
how awful it is to use anything other than micro-USB, I like being able
to store charging cables *everywhere*

* I wanted a microSD slot for storage

The Galaxy Note also has a longer-than-average battery life, something
you should definitely consider.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/