[Callers] Gypsy Synopsis

Jacob or Nancy Bloom via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Oct 29 18:25:28 PDT 2015

Lewis Carroll may have defined the word that way on one occasion, but
Humpty Dumpty defined the word as "to go round and round like a gyroscope."
 And Humpty Dumpty was an expert on getting words to mean what you pay them
to mean!

And William Butler Yeats said, in his poem The Second Coming, "Turning and
turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer."  So his
meaning was clearly a spiral in which one turns.

Jacob

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:44 PM, John Sweeney via Callers <