[Callers] Gypsy Synopsis

Harris Lapiroff via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Oct 29 08:18:58 PDT 2015

We'd probably have a conversation much like this one. I hope we'll always
have conversations like this when told something that we do is hurtful to
someone. It would probably be a different conversation, though, since
Germans have not been thought to be persecuted, stereotyped, and
economically oppressed on a large scale alongside the usage of the term
"allemande."

It also seems pretty unlikely since the word gypsy is fairly well known to
be at minimum controversial (check out the citations on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_Romani_people#Gypsy_and_Gipsy)
and allemande is not.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Jeff Kaufman via Callers <