[Callers] Progressive politics? Ha, ha

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Oct 29 08:00:51 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015, Ron Blechner wrote:

> Can we please not discuss politics on this list?

Whether "gypsy" is an offensive term and the figure name should be
changed is an inherently political discussion, so no.  (Ditto similar
discussions about gender-free dancer terms.)

For that matter, I would argue that discussions about how to handle
harassment are political as well; at minimum, thirty or forty years ago,
there would have been people arguing exactly as you are that we should
avoid discussing them because they are political.

What exactly are you objecting to?
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/