[Callers] Advice about "gypsy"

Amy Wimmer via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Oct 24 21:49:23 PDT 2015

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful replies. I have a much better
idea how to respond to this person now. I also have some changes to
make in my calling. I appreciate the education and elucidation.
Ignorance is not bliss.

I think that, for now, I will do my best to eliminate the word "gypsy"
from my calling vocabulary. The problem will come with dance names,
such as "Amy Asked for a Gypsy," which was one of two dances I called
last night that had a ladies gypsy. I will also refrain from
suggesting flirtation, as that is uncomfortable for many.

Ah, the joys of growing as a person and a caller!

-Amy