[Callers] Blues for contra dancing

Keith Wood via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Oct 19 02:36:40 PDT 2015

Here's a Blues Contra of mine
(http://keith-wood.name/mydances.html#ShortButSweet):

Short But Sweet                             April 2015
Becket formation                            Beginner/Intermediate
12 bar blues - "Sweet Home Chicago"

A     Circle left 3/4
         Swing neighbour
B      Balance the ring (4 beats)
         Nevada twirl with partner (California twirl with other hands)
(4 beats)
         With next couple, balance the ring (4 beats)
         Petronella turn one place anti-clockwise (4 beats)
C     Half hey, starting with women passing left shoulders
         Swing partner

End effects: After coming out out the set on the Nevada twirl, wait
until the next one to rejoin.

Cheers

Keith