[Callers] Dances For Short Line

David Harding via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Oct 15 19:20:48 PDT 2015

I'll make the suggestion that you be very careful about any dances you
want to call that involve traveling outside the foursome.  Those dances
often introduce end effects that can ripple one or two foursomes into
the set from each end, so with only 5 or 6 foursomes, the whole line is
confused.

Also, any dance with double progression will leave the dancers feeling
that they are bouncing off the ends of the line and being really limited
in who they dance with.

Other than those issues, I agree with Jack that most dances should work
fine.

David