[Callers] Dick Henschel

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Oct 5 07:47:08 PDT 2015

I am relaying this information to any concerned.  Dick Henschel was the
voice of Hilton Sound Equipment, and was always a helpful voice to
callers.  He will be missed.

It is with the greatest of sadness, to inform you of the sudden passing of
Dick Henschel on Saturday evening.

> Eight months ago, Dick discovered that he had cancer...specifically
Mantle Cell Lymphoma, which originates in the lymphatic system. This
particular form is a very rare form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. There are
only 11,000 cases of this in the US.

> Dick entered treatment at Walnut Creek Hospital six months ago and
recently symptoms showed up which led to the suspension of that treatment
and the investigation of other therapies.  Saturday he became very ill and
he was rushed to the hospital.  Doctors discovered he had a massive
abdominal infection resulting in sepsis, a life-threatening response which
can lead to tissue damage, organ failure and death.  Sadly he passed very
quickly and peacefully with Vicky holding his hand.

> Funeral arrangements have not yet been finalized, but will be shared as
soon as they are available.

> Sympathies my be extended to Vicky by emailing her at RHandVH24 at
gmail.com or by mail at:
> 1631 Rio Blanco Drive
> Concord, CA 94521
>
> In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the CALLERLAB Foundation for
the Preservation of Square Dancing at: