[Callers] Identifying Dances (Was "Anyone know this dance?"]

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Nov 24 15:47:58 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015, Jeremy Gmail via Callers wrote:

> So what can we do?  We could all ask on [Callers] but we'd soon get
> fed up with the forum being taken over.  I wondered about a "please
> identify this dance" (sub-)forum, similar to the many "ask the expert"
> forums (fora?) you see in the IT community.
>
> Do members have any thoughts about this?  Will it work?  How do we get
> people on it? What are the issues?  Is there a batter / alternative
> approach?

First of all, I think making changes is a bit premature -- nobody AFAIK
is complaining about the current stream of requests.  That said, Mailman
has the ability to create "virtual" mailing lists called topics:

https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node29.html

It would be straightforward -- once we agree on any topic names -- for
Seth/Chris to implement topic filtering.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/