[Callers] Fwd: Itty-bitty dances, triplets, odd numbers

Jerome Grisanti via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Nov 2 19:38:45 PST 2015

I was recently calling dances at a small gathering using recorded music,
and I altered the duple minor English dance "Easter Morn" just slightly to
dance it as a triplet. In the B2, instead of ones leading down and casting
back, I had the ones cross and cast down once place (to the bottom, threes
moving up), and everyone turn two hands once round.

I think the dancers found the A2 stars (ones in the middle star right with
the couple below, then star left the couple above) to be less confusing
than in the longways version.

And as you probably know, the music is lovely.

--Jerome

Jerome Grisanti
660-528-0858
http://www.jeromegrisanti.com

"There's no point in being unhappy about things you can't change, and no
point being unhappy about things you can."