[Callers] dances in unusual formations

David Harding via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Nov 1 09:54:47 PST 2015

After finding The Weevil (4 facing 3) on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM1vr2-QK_Q
I stumbled on a 3 facing 2 dance "inspired by 'The Weevil'"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAAf-9unRg

At Squirrel Moon this September Carol Ormand did an enjoyable workshop
on this theme.  I don't remember the names of most of the dances, but we
worked our way up in dancers per set.  First one with five dancer sets,
then a triplet with six dancer sets, "The Weevil" with seven dancer
sets.  A square with two couples on each side that was sort of a toned
down Dutch Crossing, though she said that the dance antedated Dutch
Crossing.  Levi Jackson Rag.

David