[Callers] monkey in the middle instructions?

Val Medve via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon May 18 10:48:57 PDT 2015

Hi all. Several folks asked me off-line for the Monkey directions. Here's
Lynn Ackerson's note and dance instructions, with her permission -- and our
thanks. And thanks, too, to Rich Goss for his even speedier reply to my
request! Val

>From Lynn Ackerson:
The [RPDLW 2015] syllabus will be available for sale soon. We usually wait
a year before putting it online. But as a sneak peak, here's how the dance
will look in the syllabus:

Monkey in the Middle
As called by Carol Ormand
Source: Unknown
Formation: Ninepin: 4 couples in a square, with an extra person (the
“monkey”) in the middle
Music: *Joys of Quebec*

A1    Circle left
         Circle right
A2    Into the middle and back
         Monkey in the middle, swing someone
B1    Those two separate and swing two more
B2    Those four separate and swing four more; finish in a square with a
new monkey in the middle

My new email address is val.medve at gmail.com