[Callers] Buzz Step Swing

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 22 08:27:30 PDT 2015

Tom,
I have called MWSD for years and contra is relatively new to me.  I always
try to arrive at dances early enough to participate in the introduction
session.  Some callers teach the buzz step, and others completely ignore
the swing.  As a dancer, a good swing is essential to my enjoyment.  If I
encounter a neighbor that cannot swing, I often ask her for the next dance,
and gently relate the concept of giving weight.  In my opinion, giving
weight is the most critical didderence between MWSD and contra dance.
I enjoyed reading your perspective.  I would be interested in your
"programming" methodology.  Perhaps you could elaborate.
Rich

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Tom Hinds via Callers <