[Callers] Buzz Step Swing

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jun 21 07:51:38 PDT 2015

On Wed, Dec 31, 1969, Tom Hinds wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're saying in your email.   Do you teach a right and
> left through plus the chain in the beginning lesson because learning those
> moves is critical to the success of the evening?  And are you saying that
> you spend little time with the swing because those other moves are difficult
> and deserve/need more time?

I'm not doing enough calling to be teaching; I'm talking about my
observations of what other people are teaching.

> You also said, "so wrong swings have little effect on the overall
> structure/flow of the dance".   Can you explain this to me?

With Ladies Chain, two dancers change places.  If they fail to execute
that part, it's likely that the progression will get affected.  That's
probably not going to happen with a swing that ends up with the dancers
sashayed or otherwise in the wrong place.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/