[Callers] How to Describe a Ricochet Hey

Donna Hunt via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jun 19 19:07:58 PDT 2015

 "A picture is worth 1,000 words" is so true.  Most dances are not so large that a caller cannot get on the floor (even without a headset) and teach a move that's new or teach a style point for an old favorite.

Pick your "volunteers" carefully and be sure to publicly thank them for "volunteering".

In my opinion, callers don't teach (well) enough and rely on more experienced dancers to "instruct" the new dancers as they dance along.  Personally I think that's "failing as a caller".  Words and demonstrations are powerful tools for teaching and should be used together as well as separately.

Donna Hunt